A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines. ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
Here's what sets Boulder View Capital apart from other financial advisory firms:
BVC is a registered investment advisor, which means we have a fiduciary duty to you. We are legally obligated to always act in your best interest. We have a duty of care and a duty of loyalty to you and you alone. We welcome that obligation, and it pervades everything we do.
Our conversation starts with your circumstances and concerns, hopes, dreams and aspirations. Before we can invest your money, or even develop a plan, we both need to understand:
- Where you’re at, in your lifetime financial journey
- What matters most to you
- What concerns you the most
- Where you’d like to go / be, a bit further down the road
We will move forward when you’re ready, but not until you say so. It’s your money. And it’s your life. We will help you make the most of it. As your personal CFO, our job will be to help you navigate life’s financial challenges and not just survive, but thrive.
We do not take revenue sharing payments from fund companies. We are not influenced by outside parties and no one else pays us for advice that we render to you. Consequently, we have the entire universe of investment options available to us; we are not limited to a certain set of funds or products. This enables us to construct tailored portfolios aligned with your objectives.
We look to invest your money cost effectively and tax efficiently. We will itemize all fees and expenses that affect your account, in writing, so you have complete clarity and transparency. Lower expenses mean your investments can grow faster, all else being equal, and nobody wants to pay more taxes than they owe.
We strive to communicate clearly and promise not to bombard you with investment jargon, in our written communications or in our meetings and discussions. The frequency of communications from us to you is also what best suits you: monthly, quarterly or annually are commonly chosen, but we will work together to find what suits you best.
At this current time of social distancing, we are happy to facetime or have a phone call and look forward to meeting up with you soon.
We will tell you simple truths, some hard learned over 35 years in business. For example:
- It's better to focus on following a sound plan than trying to beat the market
- Diversify and take the right amount of risk
- Keep a close eye on expenses
- Anticipate that the markets will not proceed smoothly
We will not tell you we will “beat the market.” If that is what you’re looking for, you should look elsewhere. Instead, we will:
- Get to know each other
- Determine what your financial goals, objectives, dreams and fears are
- Develop and implement a robust financial plan to begin the pursuit of your goals
- Update and modify the plan, as your circumstances change, markets move, and progress is made toward your goals
- Coordinate with other advisors you may work with, including attorneys and accountants
- Implement your investment portfolio in a cost effective and tax efficient manner
- Provide the ability for a comprehensive financial view
- Custody or safekeep your assets at Charles Schwab, one of the world’s leading custodians, and through them, provide online, on demand access to your account information – when, where and how you want access to your information
- Safeguard the personal information and documents you share with us